2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Daytime running lights/Taking truck back to Canada!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 11:25 AM
oakey134
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytime running lights/Taking truck back to Canada!

I have an 04 Dodge Dakota quad cab that I purchased in Colorado but I intend to take it back to Canada with me next summer. The problem is it does not have Daytime running lights which are required in Canada. I had a dealership check the computer and there was not option to turn it on so Canada must use a different version in Canadian dakota computers also I believe there is a module that has to be installed that is not on the U.S. Dakotas. Can someone help with some advice here and also could someone with a Canadian Dakota take a picture of the module for me and a pic of where it connects to the wiring harness. I just want to make sure I can get the DRL installed when I take the truck up north.

Thanks

Old 11-18-2009, 02:45 AM
Jdb107
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my truck is from canada, its always been insured in BC, ive had it for a long time with no one complaining, just passed aircare / vehicle inspection in january

it doesnt have daytime running lights
what province are you trying to take it into?

Old 11-18-2009, 01:09 PM
oakey134

Nova Scotia

Old 11-18-2009, 01:15 PM
tamcnally
Veteran

what if you just never turn your headlight switch off? because once you turn the key off the lights will shut off automatically. and then once you turn the key on the lights come back on. that should work for DRL's shouldnt it? just a thought.

Quick Reply: Daytime running lights/Taking truck back to Canada!