2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Is bumper 1 or 2 pieces on '01 qc?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 04:57 PM
luvdogz
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is bumper 1 or 2 pieces on '01 qc?

I need the chrome piece replaced on my front bumper. It looks like it is a separate piece from the lower gray plastic piece but I'm not sure. I've been searching around on the internet and it looks like I can get this piece separately. A friend of mine also has a chrome piece from a 1997 Dakota and I'm wondering if this would fit my truck? Does anybody know if my truck has a 1 or 2 piece bumper? If it is 1 piece, why does it look like it can be separated? Thanks for a detailed explanation. I'm just learning this stuff. I truly appreciate any help/info I receive from this site!!!

Old 12-01-2009, 07:06 PM
moparman_2004
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they are classified as a one piece i believe when attached but when you pull the bumper screws attach the lower valance and the chrome or steel piece together so you pull it as one and then can seperate it into two pieces and the 97 should work on ur truck

Old 12-01-2009, 09:24 PM
luvdogz
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is '01 Quad Cab Bumper 1 Piece or 2?

Thanks, Moparman for your reply and for taking the time to help me out! I was talking with my friend's husband and he said my bumper is two pieces. The Dakotas whose top part is black or the same color as their truck are one piece but any truck with the chrome is two pieces. I've never heard that but it could be true since mine sure looks like it's two pieces. Anyway, you say the '97 piece will fit my truck and I believe you are right so I'm buying it. Thanks, again, for helping me out!!! I really do appreciate it!!!!!

Old 12-01-2009, 09:39 PM
moparman_2004
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well the two pieces your upper and lower you can get the upper in chrome or steel and the lower in gray or primer for trucks like sports that are painted bumpers

Quick Reply: Is bumper 1 or 2 pieces on '01 qc?