2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Transmission Adjustment

Old 12-23-2009, 01:36 PM
AlfaMale
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Adjustment

I have a '99 Dakota with the 5.2L (318ci) V-8 and auto trans. Does this transmission have adjustable bands? My Haynes manual indicates that it has forward and rear adjustments. The owner's manual indicates the bands should be adjusted at regular service intervals; however, I've asked a lot of shops in the area and they all say either the bands are not adjustable or there is nothing to adjust or they were set at the factory and don't have to be adjusted again. BTW, I just went over 105,000 miles on the bugger and now I'm thinking in the whole time I've owned it (from new) it has probably never had a band adjustment, if necessary, because the shops didn't know or cared to be bothered to do it. The transmission slips a little going into reverse when it is cold, but otherwise it works fine.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:33 PM
batman13
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes you can adjust your bands, its in the haynes manual
page 7B-3, thats how you adjust it, but sounds like you dont have a major need to do any adjustments yet,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission Adjustment