2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Tonneau Cover Accessory

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 02:00 PM
PenPure
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tonneau Cover Accessory

Hi everyone,

I have a question about Tonneau covers. I recently purchased an 03 QC that had a cover on the bed. But it does not have the cross-bed supports that I see some of the tonneaus. Does anyone know the actual name of these ribs and/or where I can find replacement ones, because I am having little luck finding such items.

Also we had a heavy rain and my cover was holding a rather large puddle (because of the absence of the ribs). Then when I opened up my tailgate my bed also had a large amount of water in it. It was dripping where all the water had built up. I guess my next question is, is this to be expected (ie the covers are just water resistant and not waterproof, and when I get my ribs installed I shouldn't have a problem with water getting into the bed) or is I just get a bad tonneau cover in my purchase?

Thank you for the time and help.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:17 PM
wewanaplay
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may be in luck, I used to have one of these covers, But when it riped I threw it away and I think I may still have the Bows. I am away from home right now but will be getting back tomorrow evening. if you'll remind me sometime by the end of the week, I'll look and see if I still have them.

Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover Accessory