2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

transmission cooler line hook up???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:42 PM
quadman
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question transmission cooler line hook up???

I am trying to replace the bottom transmission cooler line and have never seen a line hook up like this? I ordered the new line and received it today. I have never seen one hook up like this one. It looks like it snaps on with four spring snaps. How do you get the old one unsnapped from the radiator? Does it take a special tool?

Many thanks for any advice!!

Old 01-05-2010, 10:55 PM
tristatehunter
Rookie

you will need a disconnect tool for a/c. not sure exactly on the size. with the tool you'll push in at the bigger end of the tube (with the tool on the smaller tube) and with a little wiggling it will break free

Old 01-06-2010, 08:00 AM
quadman
Amateur

thanks for your response tristate. it would be a big help if i knew what size to purchase, though.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:00 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

my ram was 3/8, which was also the same size as the fuel rail disconnect. you can get cheap plastic ones or better quality metal. you can buy individual sizes or a set of 4 or 5 in a variety of sizes 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, etc.

you can get a cheapo from autozone that'll do all you need. tip - spray some wd40 in the fitting and twist it around some to lube up the little spring clips.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...isconnect+Tool

Quick Reply: transmission cooler line hook up???