2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Console Sub??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Gundyy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Console Sub??

I was looking through the FAQ and came across the DIY Console... I was like that's sick! I want that! however I have a 2000 Dakota Ext. Cab 4x4 so 1. the 4wd - 2wd shifter is there and 2. there is a seat in the middle which i wanna keep along with the flip up compartment. So! My question is has anyone tried to hollow out the bottom part of the console to put a 10" sub in? I want to hollow it out enough to fit a box in... If someone has done this project PLEASE provide me a guide if at all possible If not, does someone have any information on the console itself? Dimensions, how much I can take out or even if it's recommended. Thanks!

Old 01-07-2010, 04:18 PM
tamcnally
Veteran

Originally Posted by Gundyy
I was looking through the FAQ and came across the DIY Console... I was like that's sick! I want that! however I have a 2000 Dakota Ext. Cab 4x4 so 1. the 4wd - 2wd shifter is there and 2. there is a seat in the middle which i wanna keep along with the flip up compartment. So! My question is has anyone tried to hollow out the bottom part of the console to put a 10" sub in? I want to hollow it out enough to fit a box in... If someone has done this project PLEASE provide me a guide if at all possible If not, does someone have any information on the console itself? Dimensions, how much I can take out or even if it's recommended. Thanks!

well i built that one you must have seen on DIY center console. it wasnt really all that hard just measuring. i had about 25-30 hours wrapped up in that. so pull that center seat out and take a look at it. use your imagination and go crazy. if you want to try and do something like that i feel as though you wouldnt really want to have someone tell you how to do that. i mean its kind of a thing where if you want to do it, then just find a way to make it happen. but yes a 10'' sub will fit under there.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Jdb107
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 01-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Gundyy

Okay, true say man. Would i have to take out either of the seats to get at the console? Or just unscrew it from underneath?

Old 01-08-2010, 02:28 AM
tamcnally
Veteran

my truck the passengers seat drivers seat and middle third seat all came out as one unit. wasnt that hard at all total of 8 bolts just have a buddy there to help you lug it out. then that third seat will unbolt seperatly after you get the whole unit out. then you can put you two passenger and drivers seat back in for the time being at least so you can drive it while you build your box.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Gundyy

okay cool. thanks alot! really appreciate it i'll post some pictures when i do it... probably after the winter though. 1. because it'll be warmer and 2. because i'll have some extra money for the subs and what not :P

Quick Reply: Console Sub??