2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Fog light mod help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 10:18 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fog light mod help

Ok well its a fact that my headlights suck on my truck. Low beams show alright for lows but highs suck so I already got all new bulbs for everything and I wanted to do the mod but there is a problem when I hook the jumper wire into the 2 slots the fogs stay on all the time until the wire is unplugged so I thought what if I just add a switch on that wire then I can just use fogs whenever with out any of the other lights being on. What do you guys think?

Ok edit: My buddy told me to look at hid kits for better light. So Id figured I would look on ebay what do you think of this kit worth it or no?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xenon...item19b8b54832

and whats the difference between the first and this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bi-Xe...item23047ae249

Last edited by dodgeramguy85; 01-12-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:10 AM
NYsteve
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

many cars have xenon for low beams and halogen for high. bi-xenon means xenon for both high and low beams. but because its a 9007 bulb, it has to be bi-xenon or else you would need another bulb for your high beams. both auctions are technically for the same product.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:04 PM
00dakSport
All Star

dodgeramguy85

are u trying the mod to keep ur lights on w/ the highs? sombody else on here was trying that.
if u just want u fogs on i think u can do that w/ the factory parking light ****. just pull

but if u want more light and r lazy u can do what i did and just move up ur fogs(no wiring or skills needed)

lits20100107213411.jpg
trailrr.jpg

Old 01-12-2010, 02:47 PM
thunder98110
Champion

the difference between the two is the bi-xenon will give you a low and high beam. the other is just a low. there was a thread a while back and i think if you keep the stock headlight lens you might get a crappy beam pattern and blind other drivers.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:00 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by 00dakSport
dodgeramguy85

are u trying the mod to keep ur lights on w/ the highs? sombody else on here was trying that.
if u just want u fogs on i think u can do that w/ the factory parking light ****. just pull

but if u want more light and r lazy u can do what i did and just move up ur fogs(no wiring or skills needed)

I wanted to use fog lights with high beams. I just want to get some more light I would move my fogs up but then I would have holes there with nothing in them and that would bug me. I thought about going to walmart and getting their cheap hellas and putting them behind my grille also.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:01 AM
00dakSport
All Star

do they make a aux/hella lights thin enough to fit behind the grill?
i've seen them on rams but not dakotas.
the fogs ware pretty thick and the plug is right in the back.
if u pick up a set that are thin enough let me know, i would love to cram some more lights in there.

u cant tell in the pic but i did cover those fogholes w/ the mesh grill, it woulda buged me 2.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:07 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

The pair my buddy has on his jeep are pretty thin They might be a little bigger than the fogs but not sure ill have to either go to walmart and measure then or stop at my buddys and measure his to see if they will fit but by looking at them I think they might just fit.

Quick Reply: Fog light mod help