2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

It's a Sad Day :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Gundyy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy It's a Sad Day :(

In short? I'll probably have to sell my Dakota The decision isn't final but it's looking like it. This fall I will be going to College and will be commuting about an hour (give or take) in no traffic everyday for classes. With my 4.7L being a student, that's WAY too costly for me in regards to gas. My only alternatives are
1. Buy a 250cc bike and hope insurance doesn't turn me around, bend me over and @#$% me
or
2. Sell my Dakota for as much as possible in order to buy a new car
now, the cars I've been considering (can't be older than a 2000)
Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally Edition
Volkswagen Jetta 1.8t
Audi A4 1.8t

I want a nice looking 4 door car similar to those styles... Can anyone suggest something? I apologize if this thread doesn't belong.
Thanks!

Old 01-18-2010, 04:35 PM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trust me, you will lose more money buying a new car(unless its really close to the price that you sold your Dak for). Keep the Dak and be easy on it. A bike is... a good idea except I have picked up several bodies for crashes involving bikes.

Josh

Old 01-18-2010, 04:45 PM
RoaminGnome
All Star

If you own your truck the payments and insurance will be more. Running my 3.9 is cheaper than my 09 impreza cause I own my kota. If you got payments on the kota than it might be the best bet for you.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:25 PM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Diesel Jetta... you're looking at 50-55 mpg, plus diesels are just cooler in general.

But Vdubs can be a biotch to mantain, so I've heard. No personal experience though.

I've always been a fan of bikes, but a 250 just doesn't cut it. CBR600 FTW.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Gundyy

sorry not a new car... no older than 2000 and i won't pay more for a car than i get my Dak for... i'm leaning away from the bike idea too. my insurance is 1200/year under my dads company on a truck however if i get a car it'd be under my name and well over 1200. the gas would kill me though $20.00 per day there and back with no traffic... that's just for school O_o i've also heard Volkswagen are bad for maintenance and costly if you don't keep on top of it. it's hard to let her go

Old 01-18-2010, 10:16 PM
somebodynowhere
Professional

Originally Posted by bpark8824
Diesel Jetta... you're looking at 50-55 mpg, plus diesels are just cooler in general.

But Vdubs can be a biotch to mantain, so I've heard. No personal experience though.
Go for a tdi they lack in horse power but if you tune it you basically double (not literally but way more) the horse power...which is only about 90 to begin with haha but super gas mileage.