2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Rear bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 03:07 AM
egent02
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear bumpers

well we all know snow can be fun but also suck few weeks ago we had a big snow and after few days all the snow melted off my trucks and found an orange and brown surprise surprise on my rear bump. right in front of the license's plate it's cracking and horrible i was amazed that just one snow did that. Anyone know some good bumpers out there. I know stainless steel is pretty good with rust but i didn't know if they make stainless steel bumpers?

Old 01-26-2010, 10:40 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ah yes the great dodge rusty bumpers you think they would do something so they dont rust. My rear bumper is already to far gone to fix(rusted out where yours started). Check ebay and there are some other places rockauto.com but most out there are no better than what dodge has. The last owner of my truck took a black piece of rubber and glued it to where the rust was and that did hide all of it yes it does look weird but in a way if the bumper is wet you can step on the rubber and you wont slip off.

IMG_7021.jpg

Old 01-26-2010, 12:00 PM
egent02

yeah i was thinking about doing something like that i dunno. that's weird that it gets rusty in the same exact place.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:52 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats not the only place it will start luckly I caught my front bumper in time I ended up taking it off and sanding the inside of it and putting some rustolem on it but I needed to add some more coats last time I looked it was starting to discolor in places so when it gets nice ill sand it all down again and do more coats

Old 01-27-2010, 12:07 AM
egent02

the chrome looks so good on these trucks but i dunno if i wanna put up with this rust problem

Old 01-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Netdemon01
Rookie

Same exact location of rust on my rear bumper also. Before I purchased it, it was "patched" by the dealership with some sort of chrome sticker applied over top the rust. Yeah...a sticker will stop the rust I'll have to do a proper fix in the near future.

Quick Reply: Rear bumpers