2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

New to Dakotas! advice needed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 02:43 PM
MadisonDakota
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I made a video of the truck. I basically drove home from my mom's a few days ago, and I have ridden my bike since then. (so the gas mileage hasn't changed) I just walked outside and checked the MPG, it was reset before I left on a warm engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pust1b9cEQ

Last edited by MadisonDakota; 02-15-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:26 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH, if you believe the overhead computer, im sorry, but its not correct. My 2000 Fully modded r/t said it got 18-19mpg... when really i avg about 12-13mpg. Do you know math? Fill up the truck when the gas light comes on or fill it up after using a few gallons. Divide the amount of gallons you put in the tank to the amount of miles you traveled that will give you your avg mpg...

the overhead is not 100% true.. mine was off by at least 5-6mpg every time. In my 2001 right now its off too. It just a sexy addon lol.

Clean up your truck, with all that extra trash in it, your loosing more mpg you might be able to get 30 if you clean it out... lol...

Old 02-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

yea you can never trust the computers, my old 94 chrysler lebaron said it would get 30mpg, when i was actually getting 20-22

Old 02-15-2010, 03:47 PM
MadisonDakota
All Star

Originally Posted by User
HAHAHAHAHAHAAH, if you believe the overhead computer, im sorry, but its not correct. My 2000 Fully modded r/t said it got 18-19mpg... when really i avg about 12-13mpg. Do you know math? Fill up the truck when the gas light comes on or fill it up after using a few gallons. Divide the amount of gallons you put in the tank to the amount of miles you traveled that will give you your avg mpg...

the overhead is not 100% true.. mine was off by at least 5-6mpg every time. In my 2001 right now its off too. It just a sexy addon lol.

Clean up your truck, with all that extra trash in it, your loosing more mpg you might be able to get 30 if you clean it out... lol...

Mine is off by 0-2mpg depending on the grade of gas I use.

We were talking about highway gas mileage, I'm not going to just drive a tank on the highway for your guys sake. I use it for test runs, and it's accurate enough for that. I never drive enough highway to get a true "highway" mileage without just running a tank.

I've never "loose" in MPG due to the extra weight, just saying.

And I want you to know, I loled @ "Do you know math?"

Last thing.
Originally Posted by MadisonDakota

I'm not going to start this gas mileage debacle again...

Last edited by MadisonDakota; 02-15-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:26 PM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Obama said "yes we can" dumbass, and you even trying to quote him is simply pathetic as the guy is the worst president since.... now.

U getting 20+mpg is very doubtful, show us evidence... gallons it takes to fuel up and miles on trip, even then i wouldn't believe u since you can just run the trip longer.
I get 20 mpg on the highway quite often. Just go 65 and easy on the gas and its not that hard. And yes I know how to calculate gas milage...

I believe you get 20 madison but just showing the onboard comp says 23 really doesn't cut it. I have a hard time believe 23... 20-21 is about the most you can get.

Last edited by bpark8824; 02-15-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

See that's all highway u gotta put some city driving in there as well I development bout 50/50 highway/city and if I drive easy I get about 17 but I usually stomp on it and stuff and get 14/15

Old 02-15-2010, 06:39 PM
MadisonDakota
All Star

Originally Posted by bpark8824
I get 20 mpg on the highway quite often. Just go 65 and easy on the gas and its not that hard. And yes I know how to calculate gas milage...

I believe you get 20 madison but just showing the onboard comp says 23 really doesn't cut it. I have a hard time believe 23... 20-21 is about the most you can get.
Do you run 100 gas, or E10?

Old 02-15-2010, 06:55 PM
User
Champion

I never drive enough highway to get a true "highway" mileage without just running a tank.

And I want you to know, I loled @ "Do you know math?"

Last thing.
So your saying you get 23mpg in city driving? Stop lights, traffic ect?

Most people get worse gas mileage in city driving, if you get 23 in city that means you might get 25 maybe more on high at a consistent speed in drafts...

Now i find this very hard to believe since you said its mostly city driving, unless you have gears (which are proven to increase city mpg) but worse highway then it might be something to it... but 23 city... i call PURE BULLSTANK haha.

Im glad i got a laugh out of you, i try.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:11 PM
MadisonDakota
All Star

So your saying you get 23mpg in city driving? Stop lights, traffic ect?

Most people get worse gas mileage in city driving, if you get 23 in city that means you might get 25 maybe more on high at a consistent speed in drafts...

Now i find this very hard to believe since you said its mostly city driving, unless you have gears (which are proven to increase city mpg) but worse highway then it might be something to it... but 23 city... i call PURE BULLSTANK haha.

Im glad i got a laugh out of you, i try.
I just walked outside and checked the MPG, it was reset before I left on a warm engine.
The ride from my mom's here is 90% highway.

I got 23, I am not going to continue this argument.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:32 PM
User
Champion

The ride from my mom's here is 90% highway.

I got 23, I am not going to continue this argument.
Then stop posting.

I highly doubt you get 23, end of story.

Quick Reply: New to Dakotas! advice needed!