2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

oil pan questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 05:27 PM
slimz28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pan questions

i was just wondering to drop the oil pan on a 97 dakota 4wd 5.2L do i have to jack up the motor or does will i be able to drop it with out doing that i was just wondering because i am going to change the oil pump later this week any suggestions and help would be appreciated thanks

Old 05-02-2005, 12:34 AM
dodgeman4x4
Rookie
Default RE: oil pan questions

i wish i could see your oil pan, i dont' have that size engine. But i'd imagine you'd just have to unbolt it and it'll drop out. The only reason otherwise is if it is stuck inbetween an engine mount and the engine itself.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Dr.vic

I have the same dak the job isn't that easy at least that was what i was told. You are going to have to drop the front axle in order to gain clearance to remove the pan so i was told. But if you are able to do it without going though this hassle let me know my oil pickup tube is clogged and I am going to have to pull my pan and clean it out.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:02 PM
slimz28

good luck i tried it and i have to drop the axle, remove the motor mounts , remove the starter to remove the transmission inspection cover. I just put the project on hold till i have more time it would almost be easier to get a new engine lol

Quick Reply: oil pan questions