2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

General Information Link?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 01:50 PM
5.2dakotaslt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General Information Link?

I'm looking for some basic general info about my truck. Its a 97 5.2 short cab longbed 2wd. I love it. Whats the diameter of the exhaust manifold? diameter of the cat converter? I love this forum but as you can tell I am a newbie and need some direction. Thanks and hello to all.

Old 05-04-2005, 02:24 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: General Information Link?

Isn't the pipe diameter 2.25" on the cat. The exhaust manifolds???

Old 05-04-2005, 03:35 PM
5.2dakotaslt

Thank you MoparTodd. I guess what I wanted to know what inlet diameter to the cat and exit diameter. I'm trying to find the most economical way to get some exhaust. The local muffler shop wants to charge me $350.00 for a single magnaflow with two exiting pipes to the back. If I get the traditional type of setup, dual pipes straight out the back, will this interfere with the spare tire? If so what would you suggest? I'm sure my questions have been asked before so Im sorry if this is redundant for you guys.

Old 05-04-2005, 03:37 PM
5.2dakotaslt

LOL, Man Im full of questions. What are your thoughts on the diameter of exhaust I should get and do you think I should remove the cat? It has 70,000 on it FYI.

Old 05-04-2005, 08:35 PM
DeadlyDakota
Rookie

Ok well that's not a bad price considering I had a flowmaster system done for $300 cash. The system included all custom bending, this helped me to not have to lose the spare, as well as the pipe and muffler. I only have a H-pipe catback system on my truck but I am considering getting another cat and running it that way. I used 2 1/2" piping until the tips, which are 2 1/2" in and 4" out. So far it sounds better than any Dak around in my area. Also I just had an issue, which my guy fixed for free, but it was that the factory hanger gave my pass side exit too much travel. They installed another hanger to the frame. Hope this helps, it sounds great and I get lots of complements on it too. The most recent being one from a guy at work who had a Gibson put on with a single outlet. Good luck.

Quick Reply: General Information Link?