2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Putting more money into my truck :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 11:00 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Putting more money into my truck :(

Well today on my way home I noticed a humming sound so thought ok bearing and slowed down but cant feel it threw the floor like I do at 60. 58 is ok and I cant hear it but as soon as I hit 59-60 I can hear it perfect and feel it threw the floor so im thinking its not a bearing and odd thing is it goes away when I turn the wheel to the right but not to the left so could it be the cv? Weird thing is its not like Ive been beating my truck off road I had it out fri but never got over 5mph and that was the first time I had it out since like oct.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:48 PM
00dakSport
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so where'd u end up putting the money?

my brakes were always fine and then one day they went undrivabley bad.
i got lucky and turning the rotors fixed it.

Old 04-12-2010, 02:18 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

No where yet I have to find out what is making that humming before I go throwing money at it but my truck seems to be turning into a money pit. Im going to need a tranny before long cause I think its getting worse and im going to need to do rust control on it before long prob about 2-300 worth and I have to figure out what this noise is.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:54 PM
NowADodgeMan
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may not apply, but I had a similar thing happen to my 2004 Stratus R/T last summer. I felt the vibration in the steering column at 65-70 mph and it went away when I slowed down. I needed new front tires and an alignment. The inside tread of the tires wore down more than the outside tread and they had like 35,000 miles on them. Don't know how new your tires are but it is worth checking out. Also might be low air pressure in the tires.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:11 PM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say CV if I had to guess.

And believe me I know what a money pit is. I have to overhaul my suspension this summer. I need a new front driveshaft, rear shocks, control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, (I did the ball joints and front shocks last year. Vermont really puts a hurtin on your suspension) and brakes.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:43 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

Hmmmm well nowadodgeman has me thinking I might just need a aligment cause my tires are worn a little on the inside so im thinking that may be it.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:10 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

Well cant get my truck aligned till tues so looks like ill have to live with it for a little bit longer and as much as I hate to drive it I need it to haul a generator and wood plus im thinking if its going in for a alignment I might as well crank my tb and see if I like it if not then take it back down and no harm done. Im really hoping this will fix it.

Quick Reply: Putting more money into my truck :(