2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Mygig System

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Draztik
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig System

Hi I was wondering if anyone here installed a Mygig on their Dakota that didn't have one to begin with. I am looking into my options of upgrading the stock system and I do want a touch screen player with a hard drive.

If any of you have what Mygig did you have to get? How was the install?

Thanks in advance

Old 04-16-2010, 12:38 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

The mygig radio is an integral part of the computer system in the car. It is actually part of the PCM.
What year is your Dakota?

It's going to be easier and less expensive (The mygig from Chrysler costs ~$800) to buy an aftermarket flip out screen that plays DVD's and is a touch-screen. I say easier and less expensive because in addition to the cost of the mygig, you have to have the dealer program your PCM to tell it it's there, and thats even if you have a PCM thats compatible with it, or if you even have the proper harness.
Also, if you have a mygig, when disconnecting the battery (like to change it) you have to put a memory saver in the truck, or else you blow the mygig, and have to buy a new one.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Draztik

Interesting, its a 2002 Dakota. I mainly wanted it since it has a built in hard drive so I don't have to use a usb or aux connection to play mass amount of music.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:08 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...-P5200DVD.aspx

Grab one of those, and then get an iPod. Cheaper, not as complicated, easier to deal with.

I understand you want a hard drive, but with a quick search I didn't find one. I know they are out there, just gatta find one.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Draztik

Yea that's actually the same deck i was looking at before i started looking at mygig. Probably will do this and just get a external HD. Thanks on all the info

Quick Reply: Mygig System