2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Was there a long bed on gen2?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 12:31 PM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good with the r/t wheels

Old 04-30-2010, 01:25 PM
beefjerky
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it looks bad at all. I'd like one, but I don't really need the extra room.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:01 AM
pileit1
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a 98 rc long bed. Belonged to the state of Georgia before I got it. Can you say "Fleet Vehicle"?

It is a bit out of proportion I suppose, but in a way, it kinda looks like it's been chopped. The extra space does come in handy though. I've already moved with mine once, and will be moving again in the foreseeable future. Plus, it's nice to be able to throw some 2X's in the back, close the gate, and not worry about them sliding out the back.

Some may not like the way it looks, and that's perfectly understandable and expected. It's called freedom of choice, and you are welcome to your opinion.

I like it because it works for me. I didn't buy it for show, I bought it for utility.

Yes, it is white, of course. 8<)

Last edited by pileit1; 05-04-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:43 AM
wewanaplay
Veteran

freakin ewwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's nasty. I like long beds but really just on a fullsize and even then I only like the older ones.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by pileit1
I've got a 98 rc long bed. Belonged to the state of Georgia before I got it. Can you say "Fleet Vehicle"?

It is a bit out of proportion I suppose, but in a way, it kinda looks like it's been chopped. The extra space does come in handy though. I've already moved with mine once, and will be moving again in the foreseeable future. Plus, it's nice to be able to throw some 2X's in the back, close the gate, and not worry about them sliding out the back.

Some may not like the way it looks, and that's perfectly understandable and expected. It's called freedom of choice, and you are welcome to your opinion.

I like it because it works for me. I didn't buy it for show, I bought it for utility.

Yes, it is white, of course. 8<)
Now thats what I like to hear I personally don't like em but I was to get it for what its meant for I wouldn't have a problem with ir

Old 05-02-2010, 07:56 PM
wewanaplay
Veteran

Yeah, I gotta agree there. They are Great if needed. I didn't mean to disrespect on anyones ride. It really all comes down to preferance. It's just not in my taste.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:12 PM
MadisonDakota
All Star

I like the long bed ones.

Quick Reply: Was there a long bed on gen2?