2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2004 dakota PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by martianjeep
thanks guys! weirdest thing happened this morning it all works. ill check into the ctm just in case.
thatll happen mine did that, before it would kill everything for just less than a second, i thought i was imagining it, then one day on the way home it killed lights, wipers, etc AT NIGHT!!! i had to pull over and point my bright *** lights at the ground to drive home lol, luckily my hazards still worked

just get it replaced itll do it again eventually, so it wont go out at night and might cause an accident, check to see if there is a recall on it, i know some of the trucks had one i think it was 03 and up or 01 and down, i just no my truck was one year out.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:33 PM
alleymad99SLT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with what Josh says...

It is a known problem and your symptoms are spot on. It will fail again. Maybe not tomorrow, or next week, but...

There you are, cruising in the rain, on a dirt road, with no cell service, at night, and suddenly you have no headlights. Not a good scenario.

FWIW, I do not think, based on my search of the internet, that the 2004 had a CTM related recall.

Quick Reply: 2004 dakota PLEASE HELP!!!!!!