2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Installing cruise control in 01 QC 4.7L

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 09:32 PM
hawks22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Installing cruise control in 01 QC 4.7L

Hey guys, brand new Dakota owner. Love the site, very helpful and useful info for us new guys. I have a general question about adding cruise to my ride. I have to replace the clockspring anyway, so if I get a set of controls along with the new clockspring, what else do I need? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:57 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

You would need the vacuum reservoir, cruise servo module and cable, the mounting bracket and the vacuum hoses and electrical connectors to power the cruise system. You also need the switches for the steering wheel. Plus you need to be sure the wiring is in place for adding a factory cruise.

I put an aftermarket Rostra (owned by Dana) cruise on my Dakota (I have a 3.9 though) 4 years ago and it works great and was pretty easy to install. It only cost $200.00. I got it at a truck accessories store. They would have installed it for another $100.00 but I did it myself without any trouble.

You might check into aftermarket cruise, it would probably cost less and be a lot less trouble to install.

Jimmy

Old 05-13-2010, 08:39 AM
hawks22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jimmy-

Thanks for the input, I thought some of the cruise control threads I had search indicated that the truck already had all the gadets for cruise control. I was hoping I could just install some switches and wiring. It is not that big of deal to have cruise control I just thought while I was replacing the clock spring, if it was easy enough I would do it.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Installing cruise control in 01 QC 4.7L