2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Airbag Light On....Module or Clockspring?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 11:16 AM
BSylvia
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag Light On....Module or Clockspring?

Hello,

I've got a 2002 Dodge Dakota Sport and the airbag light has been on for a while. At first it would come on and off occasionally, but now it has remained on for almost 2 months. I took it to the dealer for a diagnostic test and there were two codes. One code indicated that the airbag module was bad, and the other code indicated that there is a short in the system. I've been reading about the clockspring issue and was wondering if this could actually be the problem although my cruise control and horn still work fine. The only other odd thing that happens is when the steering wheel is cut all the way to one side or the other (while backing up mostly) the truck stalls.

Is it possible that my clockspring need to be replaced thus taking care of the airbag codes?

Diagnostic Codes: 2702 "ORC Output Circuit" & 2703 "Passenger Squib Shorted to Battery"

Last edited by BSylvia; 05-14-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:03 PM
mike5908
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For one week I also have had the same problem. The light would be on sometimes. The light is on all the time now. If you find a fix... let me know.

Quick Reply: Airbag Light On....Module or Clockspring?