2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

installed headers today .

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 09:38 PM
metalsrfr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed headers today .

So finally after 3 months I took advantage of my 4 day weekend and got my headers installed. Whheeww what a headache ! The manifolds came off pretty easy . Now to get the studs out 2 on each side . Well 3 of them came out pretty easy for studs, and then the last one wouldn't budge . After being frustrated I put the pass side header on and called it quits for the night next day the 4th went and got a stud removal tool and a torch well barley touched it and the thing snapped just below the head . So today to the drill and extractors well needless to say after 5 hours and still no movement it has a helicoil in it. Everything hooked up and now I have a crack in my y pipe time for true duals I guess.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:31 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Where are the pics?

Old 07-17-2010, 07:35 AM
metalsrfr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are still on the camera .don't have a computer right now so everything is being done from my phone. And I'm waiting for the rest of my exauhst parts to get here just got them ordered yest from summit. Hoping this whole project comes out looking good

Quick Reply: installed headers today .