2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Planning on vacuuming AC tommorrow

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010 | 11:35 PM
dbilik
|
Record Breaker
Default Planning on vacuuming AC tommorrow

I had to replace my AC condenser, so I am planning on vacuuming my AC system tommorrow. I believe I should also replace my accumulator at the same time, is this the case? It is probably original and probably a good idea to replace it. Has anyone recharged their AC systems with the gauges and vacuum before?

Old 07-18-2010 | 01:32 AM
Independentfool
Veteran

i never knew there was a DIY AC evacuation kit.

definitely replace the accumulator and orifice tube. cheap insurance.

Old 07-23-2010 | 12:16 AM
dbilik
|
Record Breaker

Not really a DIY kit, I ordered everything from Amazon, cheapest prices, and no directions. I have a few AC manuals and have basically taught myself then I confirmed I was right with a few mechanic friends. It isn't hard but you need some special tools. As far as the evacuation kit goes, its just a matter of hooking a vacuum to your gauges.

Old 07-29-2010 | 06:46 AM
dodgeheller99
Rookie

when you done pulling a vacuum on the system let it sit for a while and see if the gauges move back up, (you need he nice gauges that go below zero) if so you have a leak. while your at it throw a little bit of AC Dye in it incase you get a leak in the future

Quick Reply: Planning on vacuuming AC tommorrow