2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

switch switch / relay test

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 02:06 PM
KillerKilgore
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default switch switch / relay test

has anyone came on this happening.

power door lock and power window switches on pass side.

power lock switch to lock and unlock door.

power window switch will only move window down NOT up, but driver side will move window up and down.

so, i removed the window and lock switches and tested with ohm meter and both worked the same. put them back on. window and lock switch worked as before.

I moved the lock switch to work the window and the window switch to work the lock. NOW both work like they should.

window up and down, and lock and unlock.

don't know if the switch just was weak or not passing enough volts to allow the motor on the window to work or what but that got me thinking.

every once in a while have trouble getting the trk to start. once it starts the check engine light is on. the only code the computer stores is 12 battery disconnected within last 50 starts. after that will start fine for a while then repeat the process.

thinking about the lock and window switches, I changed the intermittent wiper relay and the ASD relay under the hood. so then i took the remaining 5 relays put them in a hat mixed them up and put them back.

they all had the same part number. the only think i could think of is that a relay might have been weak. checked at the parts store and the relay is 20 bucks. I have 7 total and don't want to replace them all.

Does anybody know a good way to test the relay?

KillerKilgore

Quick Reply: switch switch / relay test