2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Anyone supercharged a 5.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Shades74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone supercharged a 5.2

Well i am starting a project with a 99 dakota 4x4 that has a tired 5.2 in it .

I have just bought a 5.2 long block crate with 8.5:1 compression, M! intake, comp cams 262hr cam and i have a vortech V1 supercharger to top it off.

I plan to drop it in on my next set of days off and break in the motor for a month with no blower.

I am looking for info for what kind of fuel pump and injectors to go with ?

i havent made up my mind to have it tuned on 92 octane (witch is every where) or on 94 where i can only by at one gas station chain.

if anyone has any helpful info it would be much appreciated

Old 08-01-2010, 10:45 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 159 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Shades74
Well i am starting a project with a 99 dakota 4x4 that has a tired 5.2 in it .

I have just bought a 5.2 long block crate with 8.5:1 compression, M! intake, comp cams 262hr cam and i have a vortech V1 supercharger to top it off.

I plan to drop it in on my next set of days off and break in the motor for a month with no blower.

I am looking for info for what kind of fuel pump and injectors to go with ?

i havent made up my mind to have it tuned on 92 octane (witch is every where) or on 94 where i can only by at one gas station chain.

if anyone has any helpful info it would be much appreciated
stick to 92/93 octane. As for injectors.... sadly, "User" can tell you what NOT to do, if he sees this.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:59 AM
rtspeedemon
Professional

You need a way to boost the fuel into the engine when supercharging so depending what method you use will determine if you require larger injectors. Easiest way is to use an Aeromotive Digital FMU which will up fuel pressure based upon boost levels.
You may get by with your stock injectors if not adding more than 5-6 lbs of boost.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Shades74

Well thanx for the reply. I have done a ton of research and talked to a lot of performance shops and a hand full of tuners. my project is changing a bit , ive decided im gonna throw in a all forged bottom end stroker kit and supercharge a 390, im also going to go with a full stand alone Vipec ecu.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:52 AM
rtspeedemon
Professional

Originally Posted by Shades74
Well thanx for the reply. I have done a ton of research and talked to a lot of performance shops and a hand full of tuners. my project is changing a bit , ive decided im gonna throw in a all forged bottom end stroker kit and supercharge a 390, im also going to go with a full stand alone Vipec ecu.
A local guy to me has an ACCEL GEN 7 standalone system with the wideband O2 option for sale for $650.00. This is an incredible deal for someone looking for a standalone. Exact same system I run. His system comes with the Accel Gen 7 system + the wideband O2 sensors. No harness is included you need to buy that.
Just for comparison sake my Accel Gen 7 system cost me $2,500 four years ago and the harness another $500.00 so this is a killer deal.

Quick Reply: Anyone supercharged a 5.2