2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2001 CTM shopping

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 03:11 PM
itselliott
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 CTM discovery!!!

Hi Guys, (See 2nd post)

I have been reading this forum for some time regarding the central timer module issues.

Well mine went out and I have all the symptoms.
flashing lights, doors won't lock at 15 mph automatically, interior lights blink along with the exterior lights.
Wife noticed that there was a clicking sound coming from the headlights even when the key was removed and the lights were off. I verified this in both headlights.

So, I have read all the reports of a slightly cheaper price for the module.

but all I can locate is a dealer cost of $323 to a low of $294. plus an hour ($89) fee to reprogram the RKE.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?????

I also have a call in to Chrysler. I hope to get an amswer to "why" does 2003 have a recall on this and no other year?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!

Last edited by itselliott; 08-03-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: news flash
Old 08-03-2010, 03:57 PM
itselliott
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTM news

OK, so after reading a few more posts, I went out and disconnected the blower motor speed resistor (under the glove box).

Guess what!!!???

ALL THE CTM PROBLEMS WENT AWAY!!!!

no more blinking lights and the door locks at 15mph,......all that stuff!!

this was my 3rd resistor module in this truck( we've owned since new) and the last module had heated up and melted the plug at just 2 spades of the connection. I have not yet replaced the connector. but it seems that I better do it now!.

there must be some sort of short to ground caused by that resistor connector or at least enough resistance to cause a voltage drop that is picked up by the CTM?????

OK then, good luck to anyone with this long standing problem in their truck

Quick Reply: 2001 CTM shopping