2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Dodge decals

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Hinkster15
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge decals

hey guys i just waned to get your opinion on if i should keep the dodge name decal on my truck. you know the ones were it says dodge and the other say dakota then the model off the dakota. also the lines that they put on the car.from the hood all the way til the back. or should i take them all off

Old 09-06-2010, 06:50 PM
miggity

They're easy to remove. I debadged my 2000 and I think it cleans up the truck pretty nicely. The only problem is if they are the original badges from the factory, the paint may have faded and when you yank them off you'll be able to see where the used to be. Same with the pin stripe. Just something to think about.

- miggity

Old 09-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Rantz
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are going to have issues with fading and color differences. Personally, I would just take off any sticker indicating the stealership where it originally came from. I don't like to be free advertising for those people.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

if u debadge it u can actually minimize the ghosting to the extent of not really being able to tell unless u were looking for it by immediately buffing it with some rubbing compound then waxing over it, but u might run into a problem as i did with removing the dakota off the door, if urs are the "raised" letters, the kinda plastic/rubber ones i would advise agains taking those off cause on my truck it looks like the truck was cleared over with those still on and now it looks like crap, im in the process of wetsanding it down just haven't gotten the time to finish that and i dont really feal like messing up and sanding through the color, but on the tailgate of my truck, u can't even tell the DODGE was there, just get some adhesive remover that is safe on paint and a NEW, CLEAN razor and just lightly peal it off

Quick Reply: Dodge decals