2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

recall on upper ball joints 2002 dakota awd info

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 11:08 AM
cberr
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default recall on upper ball joints 2002 dakota awd info

Hey evryone,
just wanted to get some opinions on this topic. Back in 2004, had the upper ball joints replaced thru the recall. I know it's several years later, but now both my lower ball joints are shot as well as the upper ones again. I wanna know if the recall on the uppers would be covered again under the recall if it was already "fixed". In my opinion, the replacement uppers were probably just as junky as the original, and that strain caused the lowers to go, which were probably junk from the start. Im getting new ones (with grease fittings) put in (supposedly much better) cause I have to, but I'm keeping the old parts just in case. lol. Do you think this is something I should pursue with dodge or should I just cut my losses? I gave up with the dodge dealer(s) a long time ago when I brought this truck in a bunch of times for anti-lock brake problems and no one could figure out anything (when there was a hundred posts on the internet of people with the same problem). I think auto makers should hire people to search these forums so they at least have a clue on what's going on with their vehicles and maybe take some advice from the people who actually drive them, especially the ball joints for dakotas. Anyway, back to the topic... Im getting them fixed now but do you think dodge would/should cover repair/parts costs due to the fact that it was an existing recall issue?

Old 10-05-2010, 04:57 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think you will prob be at a loss with that all they need to say is we fixed it before so you didnt have the same problem and they will blame you for wearing them out so just get moog ones and call it a day. On a side note grease them every oil change and they will last a long time.

Quick Reply: recall on upper ball joints 2002 dakota awd info