2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Hi how to access the firewall from the passenger side?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 06:59 PM
jster811
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi how to access the firewall from the passenger side?

Hi i'm new to the forums, I have a 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab and im about to install an amp and subs. I would like to run the power wire through the passenger side firewall but im having difficulties locating a hole that I can use, can someone please assist me. Thanks.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:16 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Remove the air cleaner and look down below the hood hinge on the passenger's side, on the firewall below and to the left side of the A/C receiver-drier, there is a rubber grommet about the size of a half dollar. It already has a couple of smaller gauge wires running through it but you can cut a hole in it to run the power wire through. Inside the cab the wire will come out high up in the passenger's kick panel, so it is easiest to run the power wire through from the engine compartment. Feed it through the grommet and down till you can see it in the cab and then pull it on through. It will help to remove the passenger's kick panel so you can see where the wire comes through into the cab.

Jimmy

Old 10-09-2010, 08:30 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 169 Likes on 154 Posts

What I did for my #8 wire, was along the driver side fender (easy access to battery), down along side the cab, poked a hole through a plug that's right above the CTM (i believe) computer, behind that kick panel, under the door sill, then under the carpet and had it come out the hole for the power seat wires. Then it goes under the console and under the passenger seat, where the amp is mounted.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:02 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^^ I did the same its the easiest since the batt is on the driver side.

Quick Reply: Hi how to access the firewall from the passenger side?