2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

HELP no power to fuel pump!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 02:26 PM
crfmxer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP no power to fuel pump!!

While driving the other day and coming up to a stop sign the truck just randomly died on me. I started investigating on the side of the road trying to figure out what the problem was but ended up having to get towed home. I narrowed it down to the fuel pump not getting any power.

Checked the fuse and relays, all fine. Pulled the tank and pump works when hooked up to direct power. I looked at that wire splice and it is also good.

I did some searching and found out that the computer wont send power to the fuel pump unless other electrical components work, but I don't know where to start looking I've checked wires for corrosion and bad grounds but also don't have a wiring diagram and am not the greatest with electrical diagnosing.

Help please!!

1998 5.2 5 Speed 4x4

Old 12-07-2010, 07:51 PM
KillerKilgore
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haven't looked at this or did any research or anything but,

can/did
you use a multimeter to make sure you had a good ground for the fuel pump?

you use a multimeter/test light to see if you had power where pump connects to wires?

you check to see if the rollover switch had been activated?(don't know where, if any)

did fuel gauge stop working also?

look at the sticky and use one of the online manuals
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...-download.html

(i like the mel )

hope this helps

killer

Quick Reply: HELP no power to fuel pump!!