2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

P0152 in 3.9L

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 02:50 PM
dakSXT3191
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0152 in 3.9L

My 2002 dak sxt has had an intermittent P0432 since i got it at the end of June. The P0432 which is catalyst efficiency code typically comes for a couple weeks and then goes for a couple weeks also disappears on long highway trips. The truck has always gotten horrible gas mileage. New years eve I'm driving the truck and go to accelerate from a stop sign and it totally falls on its face and stalls. The truck barely makes it a couple more blocks to a friend's house. Next day truck drives much better but once up to temperature it misses and pops quite a bit and driving is possible but difficult. So I determine my catalytic converter is bad and have it removed. Guy that removed also agreed it was blocked up restricting flow. Upon leaving the shop and the ride home earlier the truck gives me a P0152, O2s short to voltage sensor 2/1, and i still hear some rattling that sounds more like exhaust noise than motor noise. sooooo i guess im hoping that the other cats off each bank are bad causing the rattle to persist? and that sensor is just bad? anyone with some similar experiences and what you did to resolve would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: P0152 in 3.9L