2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

transmission shop issues need advice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 06:53 PM
hondaracin338
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission shop issues need advice!!!

well you guys may already know, but i bought a 2001 dodge dakota qc 5.9 with 105xxx miles. 3 days after i got it the tranny was acting up and would slip going in od. Took it back, dealer took it to a transmission shop who claimed to have rebuilt it. Get it back a week later, it was ok at first then after about 200 miles same thing, but would slip in od while driving a constant 55-60. took it back last week, just got it back. They said it needed an adjustment in the "throttle pressure sensor?" well. still doing the same two other things, but now wont shift 2-3 unless i give it gas or let off, when i let off it bangs into gear. so its gota go back a third time. now i know the lemon law dont apply to vehicles with over 100000 miles, and i have a 12 month 12000 mile warranty on my transmission. i dont want to keep bringing it back there every week. Long shot, but does anyone here know if there are legal factors here i can pursue? any advice? I really need opinions on this. never had to deal with nay of this before..thanks alot guys

Old 01-09-2011, 12:33 AM
cowboy63645
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lemon laws suck when it comes to used vehicles. When I bought my 03 I had similar issues, and talked to my dealer, they had it looked at but not rebuilt because it was in my contract stating that it was an "as is" basis, so they had it looked at on there dime. I rebuilt the tranny myself. Back on topic though, I do believe that it being a used vehicle and with it having over 100K on it, there is nothing that can legally be done, and taking it back would only be at the dealers discretion.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:55 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you know of any good tranny shops in your area or find one thats close that you know is good and tell them you want to take it there not their shop

Quick Reply: transmission shop issues need advice!!!