2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

where can i find parts?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 08:26 PM
dirtsurferus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can i find parts?!

I am starting to compose a build list for my 2004 dakots 4x4 4.7L. 5 spd. The only problem is....i can't find parts lol i want the awesome valve covers that you can get from mopar for the 5.2 and 5.9...the black billet aluminum ones... but i can't find them anywhere for the 4.7L. i was also looking for throttle body, clutch, and just other performance parts that people would recommend.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

It sucks to find stuff for the 4.7L. Though for the throttle body you can look into the fastman: http://www.thefastman.com/Throttlebodies47.asp He bores out the stock TBs. $230 bucks or so to do, but he also offers a core exchange program. He ships you his TB and you send your stock one and he'll refund you $40 or so.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:39 AM
DakMan6704
Captain

hipotek also does TBs. like 185...Airram.com has a lot of goodies. I thought about a clutch for my truck, not sure ill help much. Ill have to look and see if its time for a replacement. the trans in an NV3500, which youve prob already found out.

valve covers would be nice. Jeeps used the same motor, and I thought I saw HO covers, but its only the stock intake box that gets tossed when you do a CAI. Unless you get the HO intake too.

Other parts I can think to do all depend on how wild you want to go. I'd love to supercharge the truck, Mad Max style to give me options, but yea...I have other bills unfortunately. Anwyay, search around...stuff is hard to find, but out there

Old 02-05-2011, 02:31 PM
dirtsurferus

dakman....where did you get your driveline synthetics? online or in the store? cause the only place that i can find them is on ebay but i'm all for a cheaper price lol and i just want to replace my clutch because i found one on ebay for like 150 brand new. i think that i might need to rebuild my tranny though :/ but it's my last ditch effort before i invest double that of a clutch into it. i think that i might have a misallignment of the throw out bearing or possibly a bad release spring on the clutch disk. that's what i'm hoping for... lol how much of a difference is a fastman throttle body? i'm jw cause all it is is just bored out....does it make that much of a difference in power? what about economy?

Quick Reply: where can i find parts?!