2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

46 RE Transmission issues!!! SOS!!!! R/T

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:27 AM
bloodh15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 46 RE Transmission issues!!! SOS!!!! R/T

hey guys having some issues and needing some ideas. last night installed a 3 inch cold air/short ram intake. took it for a spin, flored it to the metal and for some reason got a constant over rev at about 45, once i heat the yellow on my R/T. its a 5.9 L v8 single cab never had an issue with this before untill yesterday. Put my stock intake back on and same problem. most of the time my truck will shift around 1700-2000 i think i have a bigger rear end because it shift low. (no clue wtf i am talking about to be honest). so the stock intake on driving, gun it and same thing started to over rev, it sounded like i didnt shift in time and bounced the engine. When parked i noticed it didnt quiet go into park took me few times. this morning park works perfectly not sure about the over rev dont want to f it up. this is my daily driver and i cant afford it to go out. help me out guys!!!!! ideas???

Old 02-07-2011, 12:49 PM
1999blkdakrt
Professional

You may have 2 issues, with it not going into park all the way, that very well could be the park sprag, may have spit out the ball bearing and this is a common issue, the over rev issue is probably going to be a govenor pressure sensor/transducer being clogged up, these sensors go bad like clockwork, never buy a used one, they do make a conversion block kit for them that eliminates the cheap mopar sensors and replaces it with a high quality sensor, they can be found on PATC or ebay, I got mine from a place in KS and got the whole works, all new sensors and the new block for around 150 shipped, this included the overdrive sensors. Best thing I ever did for my tranny.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:49 PM
bloodh15

Update..... its shift horribly in 1st example it wilkl shift at 2600 in first and 1700 like it supppose to in all others. any clue?

Old 02-07-2011, 04:18 PM
1999blkdakrt
Professional

Did you try taking the tv cable off at the throttle body, this puts the transmission in its most relaxed setting and shifts as early as possible, that will you if it needs a cable adjustment.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:00 PM
bloodh15

Originally Posted by 1999blkdakrt
Did you try taking the tv cable off at the throttle body, this puts the transmission in its most relaxed setting and shifts as early as possible, that will you if it needs a cable adjustment.
no i have not. i actually got a friend who is a crysler well ex crysler mechanic. i was trying to put a short ram on from air raid so did take it the stock off the throttle body. the issue still it only does only in 1st gear. from 0-25 after that shifts normal. wouldnt it shift horrible through all if i needed throttle cable adjustment?

Quick Reply: 46 RE Transmission issues!!! SOS!!!! R/T