2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Check engine light on AGAIN!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 02:11 PM
moparman_2004
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya the middle east has gone crazy since the outbrake in egypt

Old 02-26-2011, 02:25 PM
TaterTodd
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Libya only produces 2% of the worlds oil and it mainly goes to Europe not here in the states . When are we goin to use what we're pulling out of Alaska and Texas and stop selling it to everyone else. We buy ours from everyone else and barely touch what we have. This is BS .......... as for trouble codes check out my signature ...

Old 02-26-2011, 03:33 PM
UWAdventurer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to hijack the thread, but from what I hear we are exporting more gas than we are using. Why is that happening? If it stays here we have no gas problems. My thoughts are it makes more profit and lines the big shot oil executives pockets. Screw the little guy and put more money in my pocket through profit bonuses.

Sorry for the rant, just my feelings on the matter.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:51 PM
ZANGADO
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced both my O2 sensors over a year ago from NGK and within 2 weeks the p0420 was coming back,in the summer time here in Pennsylvania it will go away after I reset the computer and stay off as long as its warm out,and when it comes on it is usually at a complete stop(At idle)but I have had the truck since 2000 new and the winter is when the check engine light wont go away even after resetting it numerous times,I have come to the conclusion that I am done resetting it because it just keeps coming back in the winter on and off. My mechanic thinks that it is the Ethenol that they add into the fuel in the winter months that is throwing off the computer,the truck doesnt run any different with the light on so the hell with it,its just annoying with the light on.

Quick Reply: Check engine light on AGAIN!!