2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Upside down shift knob

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 09:02 AM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Time 2 Merc
Wish i could go ahead and try today, but I'll be at work through the night....staying on the boat for the CG.
That's pretty cool you work for the CG. I always wanted to, my grandfather went to the CG here in New London, CT and was in the CG for a while. Kinda something I always wanted to do... not to get off topic or anything. Being in AK the CG must stay pretty busy up there.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:58 AM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice...when did you get the hurst shifter?

Why didnt I think of that!
I've had the t-handle for like 3.5 years and I got the actual hurst base probably 2.5-3 years ago haha one of the best mods I did so far.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Time 2 Merc
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bpark8824
That's pretty cool you work for the CG. I always wanted to, my grandfather went to the CG here in New London, CT and was in the CG for a while. Kinda something I always wanted to do... not to get off topic or anything. Being in AK the CG must stay pretty busy up there.
Yeah its pretty fulfilling...sometimes lol. Do you know anything about what your grandfather did? New London is where the officers academy is so maybe an officer. Also how old are you? Its never too late and if you have questions just ask. I have some stories though thats for sure...like being stationed on a 225 foot boat and going from all the way up here all the way to the gulf of mexico for the damn oil spill.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:30 PM
bpark8824
Champion

Yeah its pretty fulfilling...sometimes lol. Do you know anything about what your grandfather did? New London is where the officers academy is so maybe an officer. Also how old are you? Its never too late and if you have questions just ask. I have some stories though thats for sure...like being stationed on a 225 foot boat and going from all the way up here all the way to the gulf of mexico for the damn oil spill.
Yeah, he went to the CG academy and was an Ensign (the rank officier you are after graduating from the academy I believe?) of the Unimak for a while. But that boat has since then been decommishioned. He went on the engineering school shortly after and wasn't in the CG very long, but it has still always been something I found interesting, especially being so close to the academy and always seening it.

Last edited by bpark8824; 03-03-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:17 AM
Time 2 Merc
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bpark8824
Yeah, he went to the CG academy and was an Ensign (the rank officier you are after graduating from the academy I believe?) of the Unimak for a while. But that boat has since then been decommishioned. He went on the engineering school shortly after and wasn't in the CG very long, but it has still always been something I found interesting, especially being so close to the academy and always seening it.

Thats cool man and yeah an ensign is what you are right after you graduate from the academy. You ever think about joining? "NOT" trying to recruit you I promise

Also fixed the tab on my shifter. I was driving home messing around with it and put two fingers around the edge of it and pressed as hard as I could. And guess what...it turned. Guess pressing my palm as hard as i could wasn't enough. Anyways now I feel dumb

Old 03-04-2011, 10:13 AM
bpark8824
Champion

I have thought about but I only have 1 year left until I'll have my bachelors in structural engineering and I do enjoy it. It's one of those things I always thought would be cool but never seriously thought about it. We'll see how much I like structural engineering once I get out in the field. If I'm there for a couple years and hate, it might be an option after.

Quick Reply: Upside down shift knob