2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Big Bore TB

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 01:25 PM
GrnDak01
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Bore TB

Afternoon folks. I thought I'd share my experience with the Hi-Potek 68.5MM TB I recently installed. I found this on another site and was intrigued and ultimately bought one from Richard Nash the man behind Hi-Potek. I recieved the bored out TB in less than a week and installed it the next day. First off I was inpressed with the finish and seeing that the TB was a perfectly straight through cylinder. I'm guessing total install time was an hour or less. In comparing the the two TB's I was struck by the fact the old was so much more constricted compared to the Hy-Potek! Anyway on to the rubber meets the road test. What a difference!! The Hy-Potek really shines in the mid and high rpm's but I even notice significant gain on the low end too. I don't know about mpg's yet but the torque and hp gains are there. I'll try and get some pic's up sometime but I wanted to throw this out there and also ask if anyone else has done this and what if any difference they have noticed. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Big Bore TB