2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Spring is back....finally.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring is back....finally.

Well...got my annual complete Spring clean and wash in. Lots of things different from last year. It sucks with work that my interior gets bombarded with tools, because it looks so nice now =\

One thing I've never actually updated on...I actually built a new custom sub box for my sub woofer. It's made specifically to fit in that area for max volume without getting too much in the way. Sounds sick. =)

My rear bumper decided to **** me off again...this time 3 holes formed on the driver side, because it rusted big time from the inside. Well...I welded new metal in there, put a lot of protective paint and such...now you can't even tell. =D

I also did an interesting thing with the headlights. I didn't like that fact that there were gaps between the body and the lamps, so I cut out some weather stripping, and put along the top and side of the lamps...so now it has a nice, clean look.

Oh and also the wheels got a makeover. I was tired of the rusty bolts, so I removed those, and put plastidip all around the outer lip of the rims. I also removed the pin-striping for good...didn't want to deal with that anymore.

Everything else seems to be in good shape...the front bumper still needs to be shaped correctly since the accident, but that's a lot of work at the moment. It's been a long day. I lost a bet to a friend during a game of darts, so I had to wash/wax his R/T, too (loser washes the winner's truck). At least I didn't have to vacuum it. Nice to see everything nice and cleanly after a long winter. =D

Pics!

Last edited by Rakaric; 04-09-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:19 PM
frydaddy82
Veteran

man u suck lol jk that thing cleans up really nice. i know how you feel about getn dirty with tools and such. im a pipe forman and i use my truck on the job and it really gets used lol. you have a great lookin truck tho

Old 04-09-2011, 09:44 PM
cowboy63645
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That thing looks great!!

Old 04-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

Man ive always thought u've got the cleanest looking truck on this forum, your paint always looks flawless, how did you remove ur pinstripping mines been buggin me forever but haven't gotten around to taking it off

Old 04-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by frydaddy82
man u suck lol jk that thing cleans up really nice. i know how you feel about getn dirty with tools and such. im a pipe forman and i use my truck on the job and it really gets used lol. you have a great lookin truck tho
Yea, it sucks because I can't really have passengers most of the time. It becomes trivial with the backseat piled up with work materials. My toolbox and drill normally sit in front. I should just get a toolbox for the bed...

Originally Posted by Josh Abels
Man ive always thought u've got the cleanest looking truck on this forum, your paint always looks flawless, how did you remove ur pinstripping mines been buggin me forever but haven't gotten around to taking it off
razorblade =P I added them on the wheels almost 2 years ago, but since I had to bust some rust, it didn't matter since I had to remove everything off the lip. Pinstriping should be easy to take off, though...assuming they aren't painted on. Hair dryer to heat up the adhesive and just pick n pull. lacquer thinner to remove the excess adhesive left behind.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:48 PM
frydaddy82
Veteran

yea man ive got mine packed full of tools in the bed and got pipe lasers and plans all in the cab lol

Quick Reply: Spring is back....finally.