2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

01 Dakota CD UNIT Power problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 04:16 PM
mcannon85
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Dakota CD UNIT Power problems

I'm having some issues with the cd player not recieving any power. When i purchased the truck i replaced it with an aftermarket cd player, which up until a day or so ago seemingly worked fine. I have had an amplifier hooked in the truck this whole time without any problems, i took the unit out to replace RCA cables in the back and suddenly I have no power. everything else in the truck works fine, ive checked the radio fuse and fuses under hood all seem fine. Thinking it was a problem with the cd player itself i removed it and put the factory unit back in to no avail. Still no power. any suggestions?

Old 05-29-2011, 04:55 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Check your I.O.D. Ignition Off Draw fuse. It's in the dash fuse panel. It sometimes will pop that fuse when you disconnect and then reconnect the radio. If that's not it check each fuse in the dash fuse panel and the Power Distribution Center under the hood. If you find no blown fuses you might need to have a car audio shop bench test the radio for you to be sure it still works, or you could do it yourself with a spare car battery and a known good test speaker. The radio itself may have a fuse on the back of it too. It doesn't happen that often but it is possible to damage a radio internally if it is disconnected and then reconnected to power.

Jimmy

Old 05-29-2011, 05:05 PM
mcannon85
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the problem however isnt the unit, tested it in another vehicle and it works fine, for some reason im not getting 12v constant

Quick Reply: 01 Dakota CD UNIT Power problems