2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

light problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 05:41 PM
corei769
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default light problem

I have a 2002 dakota sport 4x4 ext cab. My cluster lights wont come on up the mileage and auto trans indicator work but are very dim. When u turn the dimmer switch the dome lights and caro light will come on.

Also when i start my truck the headlights come on without me turning them on. Then when u turn the headlight switch on the fog lghts turn on without pulling the **** out.

Any ideas would be great i'm not sure where to start

Old 06-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Senate427
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corei769
I have a 2002 dakota sport 4x4 ext cab. My cluster lights wont come on up the mileage and auto trans indicator work but are very dim. When u turn the dimmer switch the dome lights and caro light will come on.

Also when i start my truck the headlights come on without me turning them on. Then when u turn the headlight switch on the fog lghts turn on without pulling the **** out.

Any ideas would be great i'm not sure where to start
Your headlight switch might be sticking on the contacts. A new headlight switch maybe necessary.

My guess

Old 06-18-2011, 06:10 PM
BlueQC
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look for a known working donor switch for a tester. You may also want to use a plastic safe electro cleaner like "Deoxit" it could be some corrosion in there or just plain worn out.

Quick Reply: light problem