2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

soft tread or normal wear?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 07:47 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DakMan6704
They have lager down there?
I think thats better than this penny BS measurment...ha!
Yeah, I have nothing against using a penny, but I don't often have a penny in my pocket. For some reason, I always seem to have one of those nearby. LMAO...

But I'm VERY picky when it comes to my tires. I've had TERRIBLE luck with BFGs and Goodyears on some of the trucks I've had in the past. Argued like hell when I had a set of BFG A/Ts on a diesel 4x4 I had that I had to rely on to pull my bass boat all over the southeast for tournaments in the mid '90s. They wore terribly and cupped like hell on me all before they got 8000 miles on them. Tire dealer kept blaming my truck, but when I finally got fed up and yanked them off with under 12k miles on them, I bought my first set of Mickey Thompsons, the old MTX tires and they wore like iron and performed perfectly on that truck for the the 29k I still had that truck for (without changing a thing on the truck).

So I don't skimp anymore, the four full size 4x4s I've had since ALL have gotten either a Mickey Thompson or Dick Cepek tire (MT & DC are sister companies) and in every case within 3 or 4 months of my purchasing the truck (and these were all NEW truck purchases!). Yeah, they cost more, but even forgetting about the performance (which has been excellent on every model I've had) the longevity makes them cheaper for me in the long run...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 08-04-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Quick Reply: soft tread or normal wear?