2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

CCFL halo projection lights always on...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:58 AM
edburn01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation CCFL halo projection lights always on...

hey, i just finished installing new headlights on my dakota. they look good, but there's a problem. the florescent halo around the actual light is always on. i know why it is, i have it connected directly to the battery, as suggested by the manufacture.

i was planning on wiring the lights to the headlight switch on the dash, my only concern there is that i do not want to take that apart. i was hoping that someone could hook me up with a wiring diagram for the lights and power. things would be a lot easier if i could just splice a few wires together instead of taking the eff'n lights off again... please help me

Old 08-06-2011, 11:34 AM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Question this maybe

I dont quiet understand what you are trying to say?

But I think what you need is to just splice them into your running lights those are only on at night as you flip your head lights on or even just the head lights they are only on if its night and you flip them on.

You have running lights right there and so are the wires there so splice into them easy use splice connector’s these are at any auto shop even Wal-Mart has the splice connector’s if not sure ask someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sGbES2_Tg0

Dose that help??

Last edited by 98DAKAZ; 08-06-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:28 PM
fourpointseven
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edburn, yourwelcome.

Quick Reply: CCFL halo projection lights always on...