2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

srs arming under braking?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 06:23 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts
Default srs arming under braking?

Twice today I've been cut off and had to hit the binders hard. Both times, I have heard a latching noise. I thought it was the doors unlocking, but its not. Is it some sort of sign that the srs system is arming? the ABS hasn't kicked in nor have I slid the tires, being I've been on concrete roads, thus the weight shift and deceleration have been significant. I remember reading that SRS arms at 2G's and deploys at 3.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:59 PM
DakCC4x4
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Safety restraint system?

Old 08-19-2011, 06:24 PM
modain
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you sure it's not the ABS pump getting ready to go into action? It's just on the other side of the dashboard/firewall. Mine makes a distinctive and noticeable ratcheting sound when I'm braking hard.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:11 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by modain
Are you sure it's not the ABS pump getting ready to go into action? It's just on the other side of the dashboard/firewall. Mine makes a distinctive and noticeable ratcheting sound when I'm braking hard.
I'm very acquainted with the ABS pump noise, and it was very, very different. like i said, it sounded like a latching, from the doors. The seatbelts didn't lock either time though.

Quick Reply: srs arming under braking?