2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Installing a power seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Tj-dakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing a power seat

Hello all,

I bought a power seat and installed it in my truck. I found the factory plug under the upholstery in the floor. However, the plug is not getting any power. The seat works fine when I jump it off my drill battery.

* Has anyone done this before?
* Those of you with power seats, is there a relay or fuse somewhere that I need to add? My stickers don't show a power seat fuse.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:25 PM
PonchoRob
Professional

Look where the fuse panel is on the drivers side of the dash , when you remove the cover and look into it , there next to the spot where the circuit breaker is for the power windows is a place for where you would put a circuit breaker in for the power drivers seat and that should take care of the power supply to your seat .

Old 10-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Tj-dakota

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. I couldn't figure out the post because the power window fuse is not labeled, then we had house guests ... but I am back.

So I with PanchoRob's suggestion in mind, I went down and got under the dash and found the right cord using a multimeter. Because the breaker for the power windows was not labeled, I used a multimeter to find which empty block was related to the power seats. The two slots with only two holes each below the rows of fuses, is the place for the power windows and power seats. I moved the breaker over and it worked beautifully. Now I have to pick up another fuse. Thanks Poncho.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:38 PM
PonchoRob
Professional

No problem , glad to help ! Sorry i wasnt more specific on my descriptions , but atleast you got it figured out !

Old 10-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Brian_
Captain

glad to hear you got it to work!

Quick Reply: Installing a power seat