2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Tweeter Help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 04:05 PM
iRide113
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tweeter Help?

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for tweeters for my 2002 Dakota SXT. I have heard about 3 different locations where the tweeters were for the stock Infinity System. My truck did not come with the Infinity System so I have spent the last few weeks putting in Alpine Speakers, Subs, etc, but now I have no idea where to put the tweeters.

I built a custom sub box for two 12" subs for under the rear bench seats, and it's draining out the highs.

I believe the original tweeter location was in the the little triangle on the door panel, but I could be wrong? Any help please?

Old 10-30-2011, 05:03 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Yep, that triangular area is the best place. It's called the sail panel, I guess because it is shaped like a sail on a sailboat. It is where Dodge puts the factory Infinity tweeter, and when you remove the door panel you will see a circle scribed on the back of the sail panel to mark the location for the tweeter.

I put my tweeters on the sail panel too, I have a set of Alpine Type R 6 1/2" splits in my front doors:

You can see the midrange through the speaker grille on the door panel here:

You will get the best sound from the tweeters on the sail panels. It is also easier to adjust them if you have swivel mount tweeters on the sail panels.

Jimmy

Quick Reply: Tweeter Help?