2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Compressor

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Wetodd
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compressor

Hey Guys, 2001 QC 4.7 4X4.

Just wondering if unplugging my compressor for the Air Con. will do anything other than stopping the compressor from engaging.

My Air Con does not work so thinking it might save some fuel at it does kick in when the defrost is on. I do understand that when defrosting is on the comp send dry air but that doesn't bother me.

Just more curious if it does more than that. Would like to take the Compressor right out.

Thanks

Old 11-03-2011, 08:53 PM
beefjerky
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my 97 dak, the AC didn't work. I simply disconnected the wire for the compressor's clutch to stop it from engaging. Also for the same reason you want to, so it doesn't kick in while defrost is on. Worked for me, should work for you although getting it fixed would be another option.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:35 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes you will be fine just plug it in once and awhile and let it run for a little. I have had mine unplugged since may. I had it plugged it once or twice this summer when it was unbearably hot.

Quick Reply: Compressor