2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

somethings wrong......

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 01:22 PM
thewade44
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default somethings wrong......

This weekend I flushed my radiator and ever since me truck has been idling very funny, almost like its got a mild cam in it. When the rpms go above 1g though it stops. And check engine light flashes under moderate/hard acceleration. Going to get the code read today after work, but anyone got any ideas?

Old 11-07-2011, 06:41 PM
crateampsrock
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flashing MIL under load indicates usually a misfire. Odds are when you did your flush you may have gotten something wet that wasnt designed to get wet. When I used to play in the mud alot I used to suck up water all the time... Seafoam usually did the trick for me. Needless to say I now keep my truck off the mud just to help keep it on the road... Water in a cumbustion chamber can sometimes take days to clear out. Ive even had to remove all the plugs and spray WD-40 into the chambers... If the code is for a coil circuit A-H then your coil got wet and failed... A=1 B=2 and so on...PO300 random 301 cyl. 1 302 cyl 2 and so on up to p0308.

Quick Reply: somethings wrong......