2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

code 78

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 07:04 PM
lefty's pride
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code 78

so i got a 2002 dodge dakota the so i think the problem started a wile ago i had a really low pedal low brake pressure four a day or two then all of a sudden it came back no issue till now but now i have a code 78 foundation brake. so what do you all think where should i start

Old 12-18-2011, 09:03 PM
BlueQC
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you loosing fluid? if not have a look at the master cylinder. pump pedal about 5 times with truck not running this will drain the stored vacuum from the booster. Hold the pedal down for about for minute and see of the pedal sags.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:02 AM
lefty's pride

I'll try it tomorrow no leaks lower fluid but i have pretty worn pads in the front so thats where the fluid went but still slightly above the add. i trued today and it seems that the pedal sinks Little under boost ill check tomorrow

Old 12-21-2011, 08:47 PM
lefty's pride

ok so i tryed it pumped the brakes so vwent vaccume then stood on the pedal does not drop, but with vaccum boost stand on it and it starts to sink slowly

Quick Reply: code 78