2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Just did my plenum...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 02:23 PM
JackTheStripper5.9
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just did my plenum...

And damn did one thing lead to another. Get it all back together with new o-rings on and the one wasn't on and flooded it, wouldn't start after that still -- turns out plug #1 wasn't on the right tower lol

I start it up, take it out and damn my water pump is pissing out water like a bitch from the metal return line cause of the old o-ring...just rtv-d it up real good, problem solved. Next problem was my alternator not charging, buy a new battery, new tensioner, already had a new belt. Figured it was slipping.

So then I go and put the belt on and it was impossible for that belt to go on that motor. Turns out there's a difference between factory non-AC and having factory AC removed. So I go back and get the right belt, put it on, no go. I got a non-squeaky new belt now but it's not charging. Turned out the alternator fuse was blown.... awesome. I went down to the dealership and get the $9 fuse, fire it up and the battery gauge went straight up.

The new gasket made it run so much better. It idles at around 600rpm now, not 1000-1100 like it used to. Runs a hair better too and goes up hills better too

Quick Reply: Just did my plenum...