2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Cracked/bent lower A arm

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 01:05 AM
DaveChuck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked/bent lower A arm

Hey guys,
So back in September I was driving down a two track with some friends, came upon a water puddle (more like a pond) in the road that was 3 of my truck lengths. My friends thought I could make it, so I gave in after doubting (I have a 1999 2wd SLT, sits lower to the ground :/ ). Was going good until halfway in, we was jerked to a stop after hitting a large rock submerged under the water. Backed the truck up. The truck looked fine and drove alright, just turns to the left a bit when you let go of the steering wheel. Saw a dent in the lower A arm but didn't look bad. Oh, and my friend sitting behind me got a black eye from hitting his face into the seat.
Then recently I had an alignment after replacing a ball joint, they said my left lower A arm is bent/cracked and was -2.8 degrees outa alignment. They bent it back to -.8 (best they could do). I know that this is probably not good for me to be driving around with the A arm bent and cracking - I know it probably has gone and moved back some more (not at -.8 but further again).
Anybody have a problem like this? Was it expensive to fix?

Quick Reply: Cracked/bent lower A arm