2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Light output of Eagle Eye vs. OEM headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 09:28 AM
spshultz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Light output of Eagle Eye vs. OEM headlights?

I'm getting tired of cleaning my headlights only for them to go yellow again within 2 or 3 months. They are just to far gone now even when using the 3M and Turtle Wax headlight restoration kits. I've even tried Bar Keepers Friend and a coat of wax (which does work well just not very long).

I know a new headlight, even an OEM one would put out more light than what's on there now. But I was wondering if maybe their was a considerable difference between the Eagle Eye Halo headlights vs. a brand new but OEM headlight? I like the look of the Eagle Eye Halo's but if they put out less light or essentially the same amount of light then I'll just stick with some OEM's.

I know I could do a HID conversion on some clear housings but I just don't want to take the time to do it nor do I trust my skills. If I were to do it I'd want self leveling with some nice lenses and those cost more than the $160 I'm willing to spend right now.

What's prompting this is that I almost took out a semi tire carcass on the highway because I couldn't see it until I was almost up on it. And a brand new Kia passed me the other night and that thing lit up the highway like it was daylight. I'm starting to covet other peoples headlights.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:51 AM
ahsnowlover
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the feeling, mine are the same way. I have the same lights in my truck that I do in my wifes car and her's are 100x brighter than mine. I've been looking for new lights and have been wondering the same thing.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:02 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got my headlights for free well insurance paid for them lol They were only 136.00 shipped anyway. As far as Hid's mine were pretty much a plug and play kit. Power wire to the battery then that splits off to 2 wires. One for each side that plugs into the ballast then your headlight bulb plugs into the ballast and you replace that with your old one. The driver side then just plugs into your stock headlight clip before the ballast. It took me longer to figure out where I was gonna mount the ballasts then the whole job took.

IMG_1221.jpg

Quick Reply: Light output of Eagle Eye vs. OEM headlights?