2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

HIDs stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 11:46 AM
ahsnowlover
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang that is much brighter, I think I'll have to look into them for when I do my headlights. Next question, would you buy them off eBay or not and can I use them in standard headlight housings, that use one bulb for the headlight?

Old 03-30-2012, 11:50 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mydepots.com or ddmtuning.com. Check ebay for vvme kits(mydepot kits) they sometimes have them cheaper on ebay. Yes I used mine in my stock housings for a year till I got new headlights. Just get the bi xenon high/low bulb.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Brian_
Captain

Im getting the typical runaround from these people. Why should i pay $15 for something that might not even work...

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your reply.
I am sorry that one relay harness is defective now.so we would like to have warranty on you.
Please take picture with wires cut and email us at service@vvme.com, and please ensure your picture can meet our
requirements,which means your picture should be exactly same as the sample picture we have send to your email()

Meanwhile please pay us $15 as shipping fee through paypal account: vicky@vvme.comAfter we got pictures and the shipping fee we will send you a warranty relay harness soon.

By the way it is a /90047-3 relay harnes right?
Best regards

Old 03-30-2012, 05:40 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

I feel pretty confidant that its your harness. Tell them that you shouldnt have to pay a shipping fee for something under warranty. I could see if you had to send it back to them.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Brian_
Captain

heres the new reply i got back after i sent this :

First of all why should I pay $15.00 for something that was ultimately your guys fought from the factory? For me to pay the $15.00 and to cut my only harness? I find this really odd. Secondly I should be getting paid shipping and some extra parts from the kit. Just in case the simple fact it could be more then just the harness that is faulty, because say it isn't just the harness. That is another $15.00 out the window that could be put into my gas tank...
Once again here is my picture of harness and i do not see the point of chopping the thing up.

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your letter and support.
Sorry for making you confused in this process.
Normally, base on our company terms, the general procedure for warranty is send back defective part for test, we send the replacement after we confirm it's bad. Customer pay for the shipping in this process.
Right now, we provided you an expedite way to replace the bad harness by cutting the wire in half, pay $10 as shipping fee for your replacement.
In this process, we wouldn't charge you anything for that replacement, just pay for the money to get it back to you. Hope you understand.
From you picture, we need you to show us some infromation as well, which means your picture should be exactly same as the sample picture send to your email, and shows us clearly the special mark or the electornic code in the picture.
If you're not able to cut the wire, we have no problem to proceed the general procedure for you. Please reconsider about it.
Have a great day
Best Regards

Old 03-31-2012, 11:18 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

Well I can see you point if its not the problem. Hell if they make you cut it then thats not your problem then you are getting a brand new one.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Brian_
Captain

should i give in and cut the dumb thing, and send the 10$ now instead of 15$?

Old 04-01-2012, 03:11 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

Well I dont think you are losing much. Im pretty sure its the harness so. Got to figure that covering shipping out and back

Old 04-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Brian_
Captain

i sure hope so ill pull the trigger tomorrow and send some money

Quick Reply: HIDs stopped working