2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

p0300,p0301,p0303 dakota 3.9

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 09:08 PM
mudder_dak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question p0300,p0301,p0303 dakota 3.9

Ok guys i got a new issue with my truck or possibly a re-occuring issue. I was on here before trying to diagnose a cyl. 3 misfire and i found out i had a blown headgasket and cracked heads. So i have now replaced the heads and gaskets and well just about every sensor and done a full tune up. It ran great for a few months. Then just yesterday on a longer trip then i normaly take it i heard a sound that was all to firmiliar. Spark knock........
I got it home did a compression test to check my head work and perfect. All cylanders are 150-145 psi. And i did a vacuum test and its 21 inches stready. Only test that hasent been performed is fuel pressure. And im doing that soon. But anyway im looking for any direction i can get about where to go next. It seems to run fine. Idle is smooth and power is alittle less than it was. I was low on gas when it started so i went and filled it up and the problem was still there all day today. Thanks to anyone for advice.

Quick Reply: p0300,p0301,p0303 dakota 3.9